After more than a decade of research and development, Swallow Systems, India, introduces the SKIMMER UAS.
The SKIMMER UAV is a 2.5 kg, portable, hand launched, battery operated UAV system comprising of aircraft, ground control station, a rugged notebook computer and accessories in robust carrying cases.
It provides real time video for around-the-corner, over-the-hill reconnaissance and surveillance, and provides target acquisition support for tactical units for mission planning, base security and route survey.
Civilian applications include aerial reconnaissance with recordable live video down feed in the events of forest fires, natural calamities and for wildlife monitoring, area mapping, and perimeter surveillance.
- Impact resistant fully composite fiberglass, carbon fiber and Kevlar construction
- Silent electric propulsion
- Hand launch and belly recovery
- Wingspan : 5.5 feet
- Length : 4 feet
- All-up weight : 2.5 kg
- Pusher design for unobstructed camera view
- Rugged carry cases
- Jam resistant command and control link
- Two man operation
- Single tool quick assembly
System Specifications and Capabilities
- Mission endurance : 60 minutes
- Stalling speed : 25 km/h
- Max speed : 95 km/h
- Max wind speed : 25 km/h
- Operating altitude : up to 300 mtr
- Service ceiling : 9,000 feet (2750 mtr)
- Deployment time : 7 minutes
- Radius of Operation : 5 km LOS
- Preprogrammed route navigation : up to 500 waypoints
- Real time video transmission to base : up to 5 km LOS
- Home position stored on power on automatically
- Return to home on loss of communication link
- Manual override up to 5 km LOS
- User field replaceable (tool less) payloads
- Single rechargeable lithium battery
Ground Control Station (GCS)
- Rugged all weather proof case
- FHSS command and control link
- Day bright 10.5" LCD
- Telemetry data superimposed on video
- Rugged touch screen notebook (Panasonic Toughbook CF-19)
- Continuous operation of 4 hours on fully charged battery
- Rechargeable by AC power/Car adaptor
- Rugged antenna pod
- Built-in GPS antenna for GCS location
- User friendly GUI and point and click waypoint route upload
- Auto rejection of invalid waypoint
- Distance and altitude warnings while creating route
- Route saving and recall of stored route
- Integrated Google Maps
- Total route length displayed
- Auto detection of current location
Field replaceable payload nose (tool-less replacement)
- Colour Daylight forward looking
- Colour Daylight forward and side looking (switchable).
- Standard Daylight with 10x Zoom.
- Day/Night (Low light).
- Thermal (Uncooled microbolometer).